hospital bag | Baby Dribble the Podcast episode: 6
Hello and welcome to Baby Dribble which is brought to you from Sweet Dreamers HQ by the SweetDreamers team. Baby Dribble is a fun, friendly and FREE parenting advice “channel” for new and expectant parents and caregivers. We aim to offer knowledge, support and insight into to the wonderful world of parenthood with industry expert guests and medical professionals.
Lynda and Lucy here again and welcome to this week’s podcast. Today we are discussing what to pack in your hospital bag.
As promised here is the list we mention in the episode:
• Hospital notes/Birth plan
• Something loose and comfortable to wear during labour that doesn’t restrict you from moving around
• 3 changes of clothes (including comfortable loose fitting nightwear)
• 2 comfortable and supportive bras (this can include a nursing bra if you are planning to breastfeed)
• Breast pads
• 2/3 packets of super-absorbent sanitary or maternity pads
• 5/6 pairs of underwear
• Toiletries – toothbrush, hairbrush, flannel, shower gel/soap, deodorant, hair ties
• Some snacks and drinks
• Books, magazines, music to help pass the time
• Any medication if applicable
• 3/4 Bodysuits, vests and sleepsuits (just in case)
• Scratch mittens, hat, socks or booties
• Plenty of nappies
• A blanket
• Muslin squares for feeding
• Special going home outfit
• Car seat for the journey home
• Phone charger
• Ear plugs (for noisy wards)
• Eye mask (for lights on the ward)
• ewan the dream sheep 🙂
A printable version is available here
6 Halloween COVID friendly activities
Halloween isn’t cancelled this year, it’s just a little different so we’ve put together a few COVID friendly activities to get all the family involved….
On Sunday 25th October at 2am, the clocks are going back…. So that means an EXTRA HOUR in bed!
Except, of course, if you’re a pare...