hospital bag | Baby Dribble the Podcast episode: 6
Hello and welcome to Baby Dribble which is brought to you from Sweet Dreamers HQ by the SweetDreamers team. Baby Dribble is a fun, friendly and FREE parenting advice “channel” for new and expectant parents and caregivers. We aim to offer knowledge, support and insight into to the wonderful world of parenthood with industry expert guests and medical professionals.
Lynda and Lucy here again and welcome to this week’s podcast. Today we are discussing what to pack in your hospital bag.
As promised here is the list we mention in the episode:
• Hospital notes/Birth plan
• Something loose and comfortable to wear during labour that doesn’t restrict you from moving around
• 3 changes of clothes (including comfortable loose fitting nightwear)
• 2 comfortable and supportive bras (this can include a nursing bra if you are planning to breastfeed)
• Breast pads
• 2/3 packets of super-absorbent sanitary or maternity pads
• 5/6 pairs of underwear
• Toiletries – toothbrush, hairbrush, flannel, shower gel/soap, deodorant, hair ties
• Some snacks and drinks
• Books, magazines, music to help pass the time
• Any medication if applicable
• 3/4 Bodysuits, vests and sleepsuits (just in case)
• Scratch mittens, hat, socks or booties
• Plenty of nappies
• A blanket
• Muslin squares for feeding
• Special going home outfit
• Car seat for the journey home
• Phone charger
• Ear plugs (for noisy wards)
• Eye mask (for lights on the ward)
• ewan the dream sheep 🙂
A printable version is available here
Surviving a summer pregnancy
During pregnancy your body can feel warmer due to the surge in hormones and an increased blood supply to the skin….. throw in the summer sun and life starts to get hot for pregnant wo...
Euro England team inspired baby names!
With the England team securing their place in the UEFA Euros 2020 final, we are looking at the names making the headlines and possibly the inspiration for your bundle of joy.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.