Hey, Don't forget! Free Delivery on orders over £29.99*
our promise: we’ll always keep your data safe and secure. Just so you know, here’s why we need it and how we use it:
1. to make your life easierWe will only use your data to improve your experience.
2. secureWe’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
3. to the pointWe’ll always speak your language and look out for you – no nonsense, no surprises.
4. no spamYou decide what and how you hear from us.
5. just the essentialsYour info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
protecting your privacyAt SweetDreamers, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors (yes, we mean 'ewe'!). The SweetDreamers team members are customers themselves, of both SweetDreamers and other websites – so we completely appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, please don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Sweet Dreamers Limited.
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. The tables below set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
How we use your name & contact details
Deliver your purchases to you
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send your order if we don’t use your name and contact details!)
Send you service messages by text or e-mail such as order updates
We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when your order is coming)
Sending you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services
To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission
Fraud prevention and detection
To prevent and detect fraud against either you or SweetDreamers – unfortunate, but absolutely essential
Showing you SweetDreamers.co.uk adverts as your browse the web
So you can see our latest products
Finding out what you, and other customers like
To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email or text, to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from SweetDreamers.co.uk
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
- By contacting our Customer Care team.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that, as SweetDreamers comprises a complex web of many inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates or where you have expressed an interest in an activity at SweetDreamers, for example a new product).
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target SweetDreamers.co.uk banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of SweetDreamers (for example, your SweetDreamers search history, and the content you read on SweetDreamers) or on SweetDreamers banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through your account).
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through clicking 'unsubscribe' on any email, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data.
If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the SweetDreamers website or other SweetDreamers services, or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use SweetDreamers.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on SweetDreamers, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete SweetDreamers user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better).
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Care team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can contact our privacy team by dropping us an email at email@example.com or else through Customer Care via the SweetDreamers website. Or if you’d like to, you can write to us at:
Purbrook Heath Road
Tuesday 8th May 2018